Thursday 1 December 2011

Sorry for the Delay


Sorry for the delay in getting Death in Spigg's Wood up onto Kindle. After two days of trying to get it on, and having a server unavailable message (like quite a few people, it seems) I am getting very cheesed off about this. KDP told me they have fixed the problem. No they haven't, not yet, anyway.


So far, quite apart from writing the novel, it has taken me five days to get this far.

I'm not impressed with my Kindling experience so far.

Though I bet, like Childbirth, I'll think it was worth it in the end.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda .. I was about to ask where you found me - but I can see via Jarmara (I deduce!) .. good to meet you ..

    Death in Spigg's Wood .. might turn into Death in the Kindles .. by the sound of it ..

    Hope you can get it sorted .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hilary, yes, well deduced, and welcome to my blog. Jamara and I met in a virtual sense a number of years ago. It's a slightly bizarre story that I'll have to recount some time; the sort of coincidence an editor would say doesn't happen. We live about 10 miles apart.

    KDP are trying their best for me. I can't fault their publisher support, really, considering how many people they cater for, but I'm not very good with technology and thought I'd made a mess of things.

    I'm sure the issues will be sorted out soon.

    My problem is that I tend to be quite obsessive when I start a project, and, having spent the weekend grooming the manuscript so that it load onto Kindle in a satisfactory way, and spending a morning on the cover, it was galling to be stymied by the upload.

    I'm too impatient.

    I'm also slightly vexed because I can't seem to comment as Linda Gruchy on my own blog!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete