Tuesday 21 February 2012

Death in Spigg's Wood Free

I have scheduled Death in Spigg's Wood for free promotion on Wednesday 22nd and Thursday 23rd February.

See my Amazon reviews.
"realistic and compelling"

Feedback from elsewhere.

Finished it, enjoyed it.

The procedural cop stuff is pretty damn good

*

Whilst away in sunny climes I read Death in Spiggs Wood. Thoroughly good read it was too. I wasn't expecting much, but I found the writing style very engaging and just when I thought I had it all sussed, off it went in a slightly different direction and blew my theories.

I enjoyed the book, even though it is not my usual genre. Good on you, and lets have some more. I also read the Wargeld etc., which were also very much enjoyed. Linda, your mind inhabits some dark places!

*

*Contains spoilers*
Just finished reading Death in Spiggs Wood, brilliant!
Couldn't put it down, a gripping tale with great procedural detail.

Having spent all but the first two years of my life in Essex I had great fun trying to guess where some of the fictitious towns might be.The section where Meg nearly "absconds" from the Magistrates Court and the Crown Court scenes were very vivid for me. For the first 13 years of our marriage we lived just off New Street in Chelmsford, I worked at Marconi's and sometimes walked up New Street for lunch at a wine bar called "Peelers" which an enterprising individual had opened in the basement cells of the old police station just behind the Magistrate's court opposite the Cathedral churchyard. Often saw the guilty being loaded into the prison vans. We were married in the Cathedral,but that's a happier memory.

Thanks for a great read

*

No comments:

Post a Comment